Overcome problems such as:
- Removing Ivy from Large Areas – The Ivy Ripper enables its operator to remove ivy at an average rate of 100-200 square feet per hour – and to maintain that rate for a several hours.
- Recruiting and Training Volunteers – The Ivy Ripper is easy to use. Train volunteers to use it in a few minutes.
- Cost – The efficiency of the Ivy-Ripper enables workers to remove up to 5 times the ivy they can do by hand. It can pay for itself in a week.
- Saving Native Species – The Ivy Ripper can dig around the ferns and shrubs, leaving their roots intact and ready to revitalize the area.
- Herbicide Restrictions – Ivy Rippers are effective where you need to avoid herbicides – near playgrounds, private gardens, flower beds, for example.
- Saving Trees – Volunteers using the Ivy-Ripper can rip out the roots of tree-climbing vines and create a large doughnut around the tree in a few minutes without excess labor.
- Avoiding Re-growth – The Ivy-Ripper pulls up the mat of roots as well as the vines so that regrowth is minimal. On our blog we published a photo of a patch taken 3 years after an earlier version of the I-R went over it showing virtually no re-growth (Reproduced here.)